Fed, State and Local Activity June 24 – 28
We’re back and refreshed from our (impromptu) week off, the first since the newsletter began back in January!
Just a reminder that our first canvassing outing of 2019 will be Saturday, June 28, from 10am until noon. We will meet at Cynthia Chestnut Park (2315 SE 35 St, 32641) at 9:30.
Alachua County Board of County Commissioners Regular Meeting The description of the meeting and a link to the agenda can be found here..
Location: Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street)
The first Democratic Party 2020 Presidential Debates will kick off this week! (More info in the Federal section.) There are multiple watch parties around town for both nights. We at Indivisible Gainesville are co-hosting a #ChangetheDebate watch party with Sierra Club Suwannee – St. Johns Group and Indivisible North Central Florida. We will be following the debate and tracking the candidates responses and mentions on climate change and the Green New Deal with a fun Bingo! It’s sure to be a fun night with Games and Prizes!
Time: 8-11pm (The debate begins at 9pm)
Location: Wilhelmina Johnson Resource Center (321 NW 10th St, Gainesville, 32601)
As we mentioned above, the Democratic Party’s 2020 Presidential Debatesare upon us. Here are the details of who will be appearing on each night:
* New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker
* Former HUD Secretary Julián Castro
* Former Maryland Rep. John Delaney
* New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio
* Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard
* Washington Gov. Jay Inslee
* Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar
* Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke
* Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan
* Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren
* Colorado Sen. Michael Bennet
* Former vice president Joe Biden
* South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg
* California Sen. Kamala Harris
* Former Colorado governor John Hickenlooper
* New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
* Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders
* California Rep. Eric Swalwell
* Author and activist Marianne Williamson
* Entrepreneur Andrew Yang
Indivisible National has begun to put together a weekly newsletter focused on federal activity and actions that we can take. Visit their website here and fill out the Join the Movement box to get the email each week, usually on Mondays.
And also, don’t forget to take the We Are Indivisible 2020 Pledge here.